Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark62

Beta member
My CD/DVD drives are not loading. When I go to Hardware Config they've got yellow exclamation points with the message:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

1. I've deleted them and reinstalled them with new drivers - result - no change.

2. I've tried EVERY (about 10) system restore to back when they worked. - result - none of the system restores will load.

3. I've run Norton Windoctor to restore/update all .dll files - result - no change.

I'm about to go on a murder spree. What could be keeping the drives from loading?

are you using one ribbon cable to connect both of these drives? because it you are that can be the problem, it tooks me like 10 mines to realize this problem. try connect one drive with one ribbon cable and see what happens

Neither of the two drives are newly seated. They both worked before I installed some software (Pinnacle Video editing). When I installed the patch for the program it wouldn't work. I uninstalled the program/patch and neither of my CD/DVDs have worked since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom