Norton Internet Security 04

Status
Not open for further replies.

graffitirebel

Baseband Member
I've always used Norton Internet Security on my computer and I don't have any problems with it as long as I keep it updated and use AdAware & Spybot along with it. My subscription is about to expire in about 15 days and I'm thinking about uninstalling Norton and using AntiVir and ZoneAlarm instead. (i don't want to pay the subscription fee)

Could I just uninstall Norton Internet Security and install the other software? Or... would it just be easier to start off with a clean install of the OS without Norton (I've got plenty of storage to backup files)...

I've heard Symantec's software is pretty tough to get rid of

Has anyone had experience with uninstalling Norton Internet Security successfully?

Just uninstall it and you should be fine. Ive had no problems doing so. But if you do run into problems, I know how to get you around it. It's very easy.

just make sure you don't install za with norton installed.......they absolutely hate each other....i can't even get my system to start up when i had both installed...
uninstalling should be fine.....just go into your registery and delete the stuff that is left behind if you want....

You can use Zone Alarm and Norton together just as long as you don't install the Zone Alarm with antivirus. If you do, it will want you to delete Norton. But I use it and it works just fine.

will using a utility such as Registry TuneUp be ok for cleaning out the registry? I'm not too comfortable with digging around the registry on my own.

thanks much for the advice! :) :)

I don't advise using any registry editing tools but that's up to you.
I usually go in myself and delete what I want not what the registry tool wants to delete.

I have always hated unistalling and reinstalling antivirus and firewall programs especially norton. Even after an uninstall, norton will leave behind a whole bunch of junk. If you have the time and the patience i definitely would recommend yout o reinstall the OS and then install the new antivirus software. It wont just help with Norton's junk but it'll be a completely clean install and ur system will feel better. Thats what i do once a year, reinstall the OS and grab the latest version of the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom