Screen is blank when I start PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARPatel

Beta member
I was previously having a problem with my computer, and decided to uninstall and (try to) reinstall the driver software. I went on the computer with the driver software gone, but my computer froze and i had to turn the computer off. I started up and the screen is absolutely blank. Nothing comes up, but some message that says the monitor is in safe mode, which is not important. So I obviously can not go back in at all and do anything. Would anyone know the solution to this problem? Thank you.

sounds like the video card is either not seated properly, dead, and/or the monitor cable is not plugged in snug. If you get NOTHING like no BIOS then it is something related to the video card. If you have another cheap one lying around or another pc to temp yank one out of, plug that in and see if it works.

yeah make sure of that, and then try reseating it. make sure to check all the connections and make sure there are no bent pins.

wow, Win2kpatcher- we posted that at the same time

I had a problem similar to that on my computer a while ago. I couldnt get anything to come on the screen at all, no post beep, no sign of video at all. I tried swapping out many video cards to no avail. I finally solved the problem with a new processor. I guess my originial processor just plain didn't like the mobo! It fit the requirements for the mobo and all, but wouldn't work. it's running fine now.

What if i have integrated graphics on the motherboard? Would that work as a replacement?

Well nvm about the integrated graphics. Guess you do need a graphics card to be able to connect the monitor somewhere.

I had this same problem when I was using my ASUS P4P800 mobo with a Radeon 9800 Pro. The video would not start up at all, and I think it was the mobo not the card. It could also be a defective card though, I never found out for sure. (As I returned it and got my 210 bucks back!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom