Quick PSU quality question

Status
Not open for further replies.
First count up all your components you will plug into it and look at the amps the PSU can provide.

What do you mean by amps? I added up my components on a wattage calculator and the total was a little under 400W (I allowed for an addition of an extra HD and optical drive in the future, I did not account for any future external devices.)

What do you mean by amps?
Even though you've already ordered, I will clarify this for you.

Amps are the measurement of current running on each of your rails. Obviously the more amps on your rails, the more powerful they will be and the easier it will be for them to power your equipment due to the electricity moving faster.

http://www.sweclockers.com/html/recension/Chieftec_AX-01SL-D/Big/psu-label.jpg

You can see on the label of that power supply under DC output it lists the rails (3.4v, 5v, 12v etc.) and underneath each rail it lists the rails current in amps.

Pilotwings119:
Do not get that powersupply if that is what you are thinking. I already have an RMA for it and ordered another one. It is crap simply. Bad quality components that don't fit and the v12 rail can't keep up with the few components that I have (according to specs it should, and should have a lot power left).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom