any such thing as CPU temps to low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard12catch33

Solid State Member
i kno it may sound like a dumb question but i built a new pc and i have a LCD temp reading on the top and it tells me that the 2 sensors that i have inside r all below 30C and the one that is by my CPU is at 26C all the time i was just wonderin is that a good temp or is it to low or what thanks for the help

Unless you are reaching temperatures that are cold enough to crush your CPU, your CPU will not be damaged by any cold temperature. Your temperatures are pretty good, that's what I'm aiming for with my next computer.

along these lines-- im not sure how to check my temps! i couldnt find anything in my bios for it, so how can i see the temp?? is it possible i just dont have a sesnsor-equipped mobo?

gaara said:
Unless you are reaching temperatures that are cold enough to crush your CPU, your CPU will not be damaged by any cold temperature. Your temperatures are pretty good, that's what I'm aiming for with my next computer.

You would have to get your computer to REALLY cold temps to hurt your comp. Just check this is you dont belive me. http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20031230/5ghz-01.html
These dudes oc´d a p4 to 5.25 ghz. they used liguid nitrogen for coolant and the cpu got down to -196 C.

Pilotwings119 said:
along these lines-- im not sure how to check my temps! i couldnt find anything in my bios for it, so how can i see the temp?? is it possible i just dont have a sesnsor-equipped mobo?

yes that's possible. not all mobo's have sensors on them. if they do they will have some application on the mobo cd that came with it... drivers and such...

anyhow, if you wanted to monitor the temp of your cpu, there are aftermarket sencors that you can buy... i'd look someplace like www.newegg.com or something.

~KB

Pilotwings119 said:

Yeah it is possible one of my older systems is a Intel Celeron 2.4 and I bought it from a local comp store and it didnt come with any mobo sensors... Srry :p

If the temperature is abnormally low, I would suspect the thermal sensor is not working properly.
lol tell that to jak with his like 22C P4 2.4GHz processor :p

I suspect he gets bad readings on that board.

Technically, if your CPU gets below dew point, it starts to condense water on the pin side if you dont have to insulated. I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom