Restore Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbmxdave

In Runtime
Ive had enough with my dads fetish for thinking restore-points will sort everything out, they do the opposite, they make everyones life, especcialy mine much harder and dont even touch the problem.
What is the way to go about disabling them so my dad cant use it again?
I tried deleting the shortcut from the accessories menu, that wont isnt too effective as he can still find it elsewhere. I searched my computer for all files with "Restore" in them and the search wizard came up with a few, but I dont want to delete them all because i dunno what each are for.
any advice would be much appreciated?

In XP go to your system properties in the control panel and turn it off, it's that simple. And YES it can save you. Why does it make your life harder?

The reason I hate it so much is that it always deletes stuff that my dad says we dont need. For example my Graphics card software.
My antivirus software and my firewall settings, and a fair few drivers.
and recently it took me 12 minutes to open up a 2 minutes project in Windows movie maker after a restore.
I just dont like the thing.

whenever i restore...none of my settings are changed....try to ake a new backup right now since it's running fine??? now when it get's restored, it will be to this point and not a prevoice point wher eyour setting's wern't changed.

Warez Monster said:
Set him as a limited user and you as the admin and you wont have that problem anymore.

I cant set myself as an Admin and him as a lower user, He's my dad and its his PC.

Im sure you can delete it, either by deleteing the program itself (I just dont know where it is) or deleting it from the registry (I dunno where abouts in there it is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom