ATi/nVidia-I wil settle this once and for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
The only reason people "ATi Owns!" or "nVidia Owns!" is because they have video cards from one of these companies. It is just an opinion. The only people who can really support what they say are those who have tested both cards. For example, during the previous generation, I tested a 9800XT against an FX5900 (OC also) and the 9800XT whooped the FX5900 in nearly everything. Secondly, each company has their strengths. Saying one company is better at something than the other is not worth it. Are you people really desperate to fight over an unnoticable difference graphics. I know I wouldn't. Anyways, I thought I'd post this so both ATi and nVidia fans could know what their cards are equal to or in some cases better or worse.

X850XT PE
X850XT=6800Ultra
X800XL=6800GT
X800 =6600GT
X700 Pro=6600
X600XT
X600Pro
6200/TC=X300/SE

This does look bad for nVidia, but remember this. nVidia always has had and has a better price:performance ratio than ATi. In other ways, you really do get a full return on your investment (this does not hold true for the FX and the 9 series). This comes straight from an ATi fan.

Megadeth.....why did you even start this thread......sigh....

:rolleyes:

How exactly does that 'lool bad for nvidia'.....they came out with the 6800Ultra a LOOONG time ago, and ATI recently released that X850XT PE or whatever it was, so you can't compare something recently made with an idea that basically started this giant leap in graphical processing. The true question here, is what Nvidias working on next......7xxx series perhaps? and then we can continue this arguement all over again =/

Pointless

Kaol said:
I don't think ATI has any greater advantage then GF4.

I like NVIDIA =_+

I am no big ATI fan after my X800 Pro experiences, but I have to say that you are crazy saying that these new ATI cards are no better than GeForce 4s. Even the FX series of Nvidia cards sent the GeForce 4s to their knees. How can you say that the DX9 3Dc cards from ATI are no better than the old DX 8.1 GeForce 4s?

beedubaya said:
Even the FX series of Nvidia cards sent the GeForce 4s to their knees.

My friend's Geforce Ti4200 (AGP 4x) runs Far Cry better than my old FX5600 SE... on a slower CPU and RAM :)

Anyway, these ATI vs nVidia threads should be outlawed- it's so pointless... a super high-end gaming card is a super high-end gaming card; if you pay £300 (x dollars) for the card, be it a X800 XT or 6800 GT/Ultra, whatever, you'll get performance if it's coupled with the right CPU/MoBo/RAM (unless it's an overpriced piece of crap, obviously :confused: )...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom