Norton Antivirus 2004 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdansjr

In Runtime
I have Norton 2004 running on my XP. A friend was over last night, hes my schools tech guy, and he was telling me how Norton keeps a record of things you delete. he said he wasn't sure if you could delete them or not. Does anyone know about this? I have searched and i did see that norton does keep traces of what you delete, but i have not found out how to delete that stuff. Does anyone know how to?

I'm not sure of the answer to that question but I have one of my own...

When does your subscription to Norton expire? Cause you do NOT need to pay for A/V protection. You can get it FREE. Liz

southernlady said:
When does your subscription to Norton expire? Cause you do NOT need to pay for A/V protection. You can get it FREE. Liz

Yes you can! Avast is more powerful then NAV in my opinion. It is also completely free! You can download Avast Antivirus at www.avast.com .

-Dan The Man

I wait for a deal at my local bestbuy or circut city, where if you are upgrading, you will get it for free, with all of the discounts, I haven't paid for Norton since 2001, i just keep getting the next version when i can get it for free.....I'm just wondering how to clean the program of stuff it keeps.

hdansjr , Norton is a RESOURCE HOG as well and the support is getting to be VERY poor on the technical side. I would still go with Avast Home. The download is 8.3 Mb whereas Norton 2005 is 70-100 MB available hard disk space (200 for complete installation, including Norton™ Parental Control).

So the difference is very telling. Liz

I have tried all of the free ones and none of which compare to PC-Cillin Internet Security. It has a built in firewall, spyware protection, and is not a resource hog. It's update system is very functional and it itself is very very effective at neutralizing viruses. It does cost money but it is worth every penny. I believe you can download it for free with one free update but then it wont update again until you buy a registration ID.

the files u deleted are kept in the bin right click the bin and click the norton purged (my is in french), norton is like windows it does many things behind our back without we knowing why and whats it for, it adds script to ur web page (for security) but without asking us is bad, it copys files into the registry a bit everywere and we don't know wats it for, and many more.

southernlady said:
hdansjr , Norton is a RESOURCE HOG as well and the support is getting to be VERY poor on the technical side. I would still go with Avast Home. The download is 8.3 Mb whereas Norton 2005 is 70-100 MB available hard disk space (200 for complete installation, including Norton™ Parental Control).

So the difference is very telling. Liz

You can say that again! I tried the trial version of NAV 2004 last year and it made everything on my computer run SO SLOW! I Googled why it made my computer so slow and it turns out that NAV 2004 and NAV 2005 constantly scan every file in your computer in the background. I think that's great if you like programs that run a full system scan TWENTY-FOUR HOURS A DAY! If you're going to use Norton, I suggest you go with NAV 2003.

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom