little help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterx

Solid State Member
I'm not sure if this post is best put here so sorry in advance. I just bought a new motherboard and when i go to hook it up to my monitor i notice that the motherboard has no VGA port only a 9 pin male serial port. my question is, is there any way for me to hook my monitor up to this 9 pin male serial port when my monitor is a 15 pin male? maybe an adapter of some sort? thx in advance^^

You canÂ’t hook up your monitor to a serial port. Its not a video card. YouÂ’ll have to buy a video card but make sure you buy one that suits your motherboard.

ive also tried to just use my graphics cards VGA port but my screen stays black and the light turns green then orange.Also a message saying no signal or cable dissconected. there is no OS on this motherboard right now also

my motherboard is a nvidia chipset and my card is nvidia so i see no reason why it doesnt work unless my card is fried....

ok,i tried my geforce fx 5200 ultra and then my old raedon and it does the same thing light goes green to orange.I also switched out monitors and no luck.If anyone has any ideas feel free cause im stuck

Has this motherboard worked at all since you got it? Cause it could simply be dead.

Reset your CMOS for good measure, and make sure you have the FX 5200 in the AGP slot nice and secure..

Also are you 100% positive things like the RAM and CPU are good?

for ram and cpu yeah im sure they are fine and the mother board is fine its like 2 days old but how would i go about reseting my cmos?

Easiest thing is to just refer to your manual. There is a little jumper near the battery that will need to be moved from pins 1 and 2 to pins 2 and 3.

Mind you, you need to completely power off the system, meaning switching off the PSU too so that theres absolutely NO power to the motherboard.

Then move then pins to 2-3, I generally flip the PSU switch, but some people just leave it on those pins for about 5 mins..if you flip the PSU switch, just flip it on then off....move the pins back to 1 & 2 then power on the system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom