Lookin for h2o coolin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends , everyones setup is different. For example I'm idling at like 33-35C and hitting max of 41C full load with my Vcore at 1.825 like yours, but I have a Thermalright SLK-900A solid copper heatsink and, Vantec 80mm Tornado on it with a good amount of case fans.

I'm hopin to of course get below that, being that every review I've read about it the reviewers are saying things like "Well I already have an excellent HSF, so I'm eager to see if this bigwater outperforms it" and I have yet to see a review where the bigwater hasn't done just that.

If you decide to get 2 rads like I think I'll wind up doing you should get much better cooling, in the 30's on your CPU currently, I'm hopin for 20's idling and mid 30's on full load if at all possible.

All said and done you should get some good results though, as like I said every review I've read I've seen nothing but awesome results.

The thing that bugs me though is appearantly the manual sucks ass, and I hate things that aren't clear especially when it's my first time setting it up.

Make sure you build it outside of your case though and check for leaks and whatnot, and also they suggest getting a 3pin to 4pin adapter so you can power it via a molex connector from your PSU instead of to the motherboard, because they think it just might be too much power for it to draw.

nubius....I havent checked for sure but are there screw holes for the waterblock for the kit on our mobo? I checked This pic and think I see 4 holes for the screws but I just wanted to make sure before I got it.

Sorry the link didnt keep so here is a pic:

13127166127ga.jpg

a lot of us have that board (including me). it says on the site that it fits socket A boards fine so i assume that it would work fir this one.

Yeah, not only does that board have the screw holes needed, the kit comes with a little bracket that your normal socket A heatsink has

did you change cases nubius? if so which one did you have (and how many fans ).
Just the stock fans on the Thermaltake Xaser V wingo

yea socket A is the only board that you DONT have to remove to install the bigwater system. Very convenient hehe.

I am actually thinking of getting this now... It will be in a long while though, I want to see how my super air cooling system will hold out.

I thought this used to cost only $110 at the beginning when it first came out? What happened to that price?

I am still thinking about this and came across This which lookes promising. I also looked at this review on it. I did find this interesting review of the big water where I found the conclusion to be interesting. It pretty much stated it to be a "entry level h2o kit" which performs well under normal use but under overclocking??? The other good thing about the other air one is how close it came in temps to the Dangerden rbx in performance considering it is a nice water cooling system producer.

Well the only reason they say that it's not great for overclocking is because other $250+ systems come with more powerful pumps and sometimes more than one radiator that will dramatically decrease your temps.

That's why I want to get 2 radiators for it :) as I have no doubt that that will give me much lower temps than my current ones, or if nothing else it will atleast make my system much more quiet than having that tornado whine up to 5500RPM.

I do believe I am infact going to get this so I'll be reporting here in this thread with the Results I got unless anyone thinks I should simple start another with a

"Bigwater Vs SLK-900A with Vantec Tornado" or something

I thought this used to cost only $110 at the beginning when it first came out? What happened to that price?
I've never seen it that low

EDIT: To expend on the 'overclockingness' of it, I really don't think I'll achieve any higher OC's with any less voltage or anything like that as I'd need it to be down at like 10C for that to happen, but still, perhaps it can go .05 drop or so in Vcore and every little bit helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom