hardware installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rythemposition

Baseband Member
My friend bought a new computer with a 40 gig HD (Maxtor Model:34096H4) He installed Win xp professional on it.. A day or 2 later he got a new 160 gig HD and put that in instead. He gave me his old one and i decided to put it into my girlfriends computer because she has a old 10 gig one. Well, I installed it correctly and set it to master.. But when i turn the computer on, it freezes at the COMPAQ screen. Is it because win xp is already on it???? When i hooked up her old HD back it ran like normal so its not the computer. For some reason i think that the computer is not detecting it. If anyone has any info or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

MAXTOR IS GAY , anywho , maxtor is probley not compadable with your motherboard and youll need to install the ez bios crap that comes with most maxtor hard drives , you can download it from there website , put it on a floppy and install the hard drive that way .

You can't simply throw in a hard drive that has an OS installed on it from another system and put it in a different computer and expect it to work.

You need to format that drive he gave you and reinstall windows.

THANK YOU, NUBIUS!!

" You can't simply throw in a hard drive that has an OS installed on it from another system and put it in a different computer and expect it to work. You need to format that drive he gave you and reinstall windows."

You cant just yank out the operating system the computer is used to, shove in a new one and think it'll be fine!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom