Dell problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plenty

Solid State Member
Alright, my brother owns a Dell Dimension 2400 (I know). We put an Nvidia Geforce FX-5200 in it for Christmas, and things worked fine at home. However, we decided to attend a LAN party at my friend's house, and that's where the problems began to arise.

He turns the computer on, it will begin to boot Windows...and then it shuts off. We were able to go into safe mode and try to fix the problem, which worked for a while, but now that won't even work.

What seems to be the problem?

computers are gay like that. My brand new computer worked great for 3 weeks. then It would slow down at startup until it took an average of 8 minutes to get onto the desktop.

Reinstalled Windows and has worked fine ever since.

Maybe it's a PSU problem, seeing as how it shutsoff when its under load?

I figure we'll just take it home and see how it works there, might be too many computers on the circuit or something. I don't really want to deal with a complete reformat or installation right now because there are so many people here, all with unique ideas on how to make this work.

ya...formatting is the easy way out....try to fix it before you have to format...

it's quite possible that tehre wasn't enough power to go around....but then iw oudl think it would blow the breaker of the circut cause of the mass amount of computers on it....

check it at home first before you do anything though.....that will show if somethings really wrong

what card did u have b4 ???
packed computers supply only enuf PSU for whats in it, so usually when u upgrade u need to get a new psu

Plenty, dont count on it working at home. Thats obviously a software problem, so i would go with Forchunet idea and see how that works out. With old computers such as Dell's, you have to watch out with upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom