video card upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgray

In Runtime
does anyone know how i can find a better video card that will work with my system. i'm trying to upgrade this older pc so my kids can play some of their games. i have two pcs and their always fighting over the newer one. i've already put in the maximum ram which is 512mb. will a better video card help much? 32 MB TNT-2 R3 Video Card [Part #6001579]
intel fedora motherboard pentium111 733mhz.

All depends, putting a new video card in will help but then again you can't just have a top of the range video card and a slow computer/processing unit, 733Mhz is quite low, for example if you wanted to play DOOM 3 the CPU (Computer Processing Unit) requires to be at 1.5Ghz Minimum therfore having a decent graphic's card wont do any good because your computer wont even be able to handle it speed wise.

iknow it can be a little tricky. i'm just trying to upgrade the best i can without wasting anything. money or card

I totally understand, I was stupid enough to-go-to PCWorld and spend £1000 on a pre-build't computer, not knowing that I (now) could have made one for the same price but twice as good.

Btw, how much are you planning on spending if you don't mind me asking?

Is this in dollors or pounds? Because I can work with pounds :).

Well if your thinking about spending around the area it's going to be hard to get your PC upto "Doom3" Spec's, I mean,

For a AMD/P4 2.6+ Processer its going to about around £70-90, and you you where thinking about upgrading the grahpics card, what type of games did you have in mind for the kids to play? Just to get an idea on how good the graphics card will need to be.

i have a better pc for the bigger games. the older pc is for my younger daughter . she plays the sims, neopets, and some other online games. everything just gos real slow for her and i' trying to help her out as much as i can without buying another pc. talking about dollars

Well I can't give you direct links to a product because I normally use Ebuyer.co.uk, but if you playing games like the Sims a-cheap Geforce 4 can handle them, i'd even go down to Geforce 3 on handling the sims but to be on the safe-side go for a Geforce 4 which you can pick up cheap around £30-40 if that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom