Tweaking xp downloading utility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warez Monster said:
Start the Registry Editor
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Internet Settings
Select New > DWORD Value from the Edit menu
Name the new value MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
Right-click the MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server value and choose Modify
Under Base, click the radio button next to Decimal
In the Value Data: box enter the number of simultaneous connections you want to set (for example 10 is a good value), and click OK
Repeat steps 3 - 7 using the new value MaxConnectionsPerServer
Exit the registry editor

There isn't nothing wrong with IE. Give Firefox some time and there will be just as many problems with it as IE. There were always be security holes, glitches, etc. in any type of software, IE is just as stable as any other browser. They are already finding glitches, security holes, etc. It's just not as popular as IE so the hackers, etc. attack them more often. I have never had a problem with IE, like it better than Firefox. This is the info you wanted to download more, I don't know why it wasnt posted sooner, seems like everyone always goes around the posters questions instead of just giving a quick straight answer instead of telling them to switch to this or use that. Hope this works, it will.

this an inaccurate statement. for years microsoft didn't care about security or fixing, which is why they have all of the problems that they do. plus they don't want to get rid of activeX, so they can keep the ability to control your computer or spy on you. that like leaving your back door open and hope that nobody steal anything out of your house.

the people at firefox care. if a glitch developes they fix it.

as to your last response it is easier to tell a person to switch to firefox and have unlimited downloads at once, than it is to mess with their registry (where if they make a mistake, they can have a jacked up OS, and most people who don't messed it, they don't know how to fix if they mess it up) . with IE you need 3rd party tools and registry hacks andadvance knowledge of it's settings to make it stable. firefox is safe out the box

Warez Monster said:

WOOOOOWWWW........
Everybody knows that I don't need to post links for IE flaws. Because there are million of them. half of the computer world control your computer when you browse with IE

So what flaws have you actually experienced or security problems that made you switch to FF? That's because IE has been around forever so of course there will be more flaws, now if it were flipped around, this would be the same for FF. Also same with Linux.

Warez Monster said:
So what flaws have you actually experienced or security problems that made you switch to FF? That's because IE has been around forever so of course there will be more flaws, now if it were flipped around, this would be the same for FF. Also same with Linux.

you can beleive what you want. I'm going to know what I know. Part of IE problem was MS's refusal to address it. they did that for years, until they were force to. then they put a band aid on the open back door.

I'm using this quote from: Nubius

"Well I hate macintosh so I really couldnt' give you a good unbiased answer.

All I know is what you know in that like OS X is supposed to be insanely user friendly and stable and people will brag 'Oh it doesnt get virus's" but...yeah that's because why would anyone bother writing a virus for a computer in which like 5% of people use?"

This makes more sense as to why there are so many flaws in IE. Actually, there really ain't no flaws in IE, it's just the hackers, etc find a way to exploit the codes or find a loop hole, it's an endless process that will never end. Give FF some time, it will be the same way, that's if enough people use it.

Warez Monster said:
I'm using this quote from: Nubius

"Well I hate macintosh so I really couldnt' give you a good unbiased answer.

you need to listen to your own advice

Warez Monster said:

All I know is what you know in that like OS X is supposed to be insanely user friendly and stable and people will brag 'Oh it doesnt get virus's" but...yeah that's because why would anyone bother writing a virus for a computer in which like 5% of people use?"

I'm a leader, not a follower. if 50 people jump off the bridge I will say "look at those 50 fools". what will you do?

3 months ago IE own 98% of the market. now it 87% in only 3 months

what 11% of 30 billion?

I stop using IE year ago for security reason. I use to use netscape, but it had some things that I didn't like, like taking too long to load up and it's ugly color. I install firefox and was in love with it at the start. the security and speed keeps me liking it.
you can post what you want. I won't change. I got a mind of my own. I make my own decisions

I'm not by any means try to make you change or any one else. I'm just saying FF will have it's fair share of problems as IE does, it's just going to take time. I don't mind using FF, but I'm just use to IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom