AMD's Cool and Quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, it idles at 31C when it's on auto mode and on performace it goes up to 34C at idle......both temps i'm not worried about at all...but it's easier on my psu i noticed when i'm on auto..especially the 12v...goes from 11.65 down to about 11.49 when i use performace mode.....but i've never noticed anything wrong with the performace of the cpu....*shrugs*

Ouch, 11.49 is pretty dang low for the +12v rail, you might consider upgrading your PSU with one that has more wattage and a stronger +12v Rail.

It wouldn't hurt performance per se it would simply cause instabilities.

ya...i'm upgrading my graphics to a GT in the near future and a new psu is on the list for when i do that.....even if there was no problem with it, it would of still been done anyway.

i really havn't noticed instabilites lately though...maybe it's savin' up for one big ol' mess up hahahaha.

maybe it's savin' up for one big ol' mess up hahahaha.
lol gotta love computers eh?

Yeah your current system doesn't look like it'd be drawing mass amounts of power, probably the thing that uses the most is the 3 HD's, so it's probably just enough juice to get it by, but no doubt if you just added in that GT (6600 or 6800?) it'd probably be restart city

haha, it's a love/hate relationship with them.

i did have a 9800pro in it one time....it was my buddies and we wanted to see how good we could get doom 3 to run cause i had the better processor...not by much, but still made a bit of a difference...but i do believe i disconncted 2 hd's and i didn't have 1 of the case fans in there...so that probaqbly helped the psu out greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom