cannot detect HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscJockey

Solid State Member
When i try to install Windows XP it says that "it cannot detect the Hard Disk and i need to install it or sommat"

Im a total newb at BIOS and that so could some1 tell me some instructions on how to fix my hard disk with full details.. i would be real greatful

When i go to Auto-detech on the setup... it dont detect it.. it just says Detecting....

Do you have a normal IDE hard drive? If it is an SATA then you have some drivers to load first before you can install an os.

i got a normal IDE hard drive, it was working perfectly yestoday but when i try to install windows xp there some was errors like 'Cannot load Kernal 32' or somthing. After i restarted it, it just says Detecting...

Make sure your XP disc isn't scratched or something along those lines.

Also double check that your connections are secured. Sometimes I've had crap like that happen and all it took was unplugging the cables from the HD and the mobo and putting em back in again

I would agree with Nubius. Besides checking the IDE connections, I would also check the power cables. Do you hear the HDD spinning up when you power on your PC?

what your trying to say is that the HDD might be damaged physically??

is that possible because i just tried to install some o/s.. i didn't mess with the actual HDD

nope, the HDD wasnt working.. seems like it was defected.. i got a new HDD now.. thanks for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom