Uber-confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I can't understand what's going on here. In BIOS, I have the following readings:

VCORE Voltage..................1.72V
+3.3V Voltage...................3.31V
+5V Voltage......................4.99V
+12V Voltage....................12.60V

CPU-Z also reads the voltage to the CPU as 1.728V. Alright no problems so far, but in BIOS under the "Advanced Chipset Features" menu, CPU VCORE is set (manually by me) to 1.65V. Why is the voltage set to 1.65V yet reading as 1.72V? Isn't that making the CPU run hotter than it has to, because I think that my CPU (see sig) has a default voltage of 1.65V? Any help here?

possible bad BIOS reading (kinda sucks), or possibly your mobo is overvolting (not much of a problem)

Try this:

In BIOS set it to 1.575v...does the actual voltage reading change to ~1.65v? If it does it's a simple overvolting mobo, and you just have to take that into account when setting the voltage. overvolting is MUCH better than undervolting IMO, cuz you actually have a wider voltage range up top, stead of having to run 1.675v to get a measly 1.63v.

If it does not help, and still reads 1.72v...i would blame a bad voltage regulator or possibly a bad BIOS. Try flashing your BIOS and see if it helps, and see if anyone else has this problem with your perticualr mobo over at www.google.com :)

hey.. your computer is simmilar to mine. I think the PSU isn't perfectly accurate in sending the right current, or it might be the sensor thingies that are messed up. on mine it sais +12 voltage -- 11.70

there is a pluss or minus tolerance with these voltages , some will run higher while others run lower . it all depends , 11.7 isnt bad for your 12 volt , mine says 11.9 but my old mobo read 11.7 as well.

mines doing like 12.04 and 12.10 on the +12v, 5.05 on the +5v and like 3.38 on the +3.3v

You can always expect fluctuation but once it starts getting to about 5% and beyond you should look into a newer better PSU

I tried setting my voltage to 1.575V, but the lowest mine goes is 1.65V. I don't know why it won't let me go any lower.

Also, is it bad for the rails to be higher than they are rated? I understand that if you are getting 11.5V instead of 12V, that is considerably lower. However, is it bad to be too high as well?

Generally means bad readings, bad power fluctuation, things along those lines. Mine reads like 12.10 but it's not really a problem. If it was showing like 13 it's either a bad reading, over volting, power spike, something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom