I build a computer and it runs choppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troubledyouth

In Runtime
i build a computer. when i first partition my hard drive and everything it runs fine. but after it gets running for a little while it starts to run all choppy and runs games reall slowwwwwwww that should be flying on the machine. here are my specs

Asus p5p800 mobo
p4 520 2.8GHz
AIW Radeon 9800 Pro
1 GB of ram
7200 rpm seagate hard drive

have you got your newest chipset drivers - as i didnt and this made a jump in frame rate every now and then, but was anouther to get really badly on my nerves when playing games.

graphics card drivers as well.

ye, i just built 2 athlon 64's yesterday, and they do run slow, that is why you gotta install the drivers for everything you get, and also undate your BIOS and check for new drivers on the website. THEN your machine will rock.

Before you load your programs and stuff, you needed to load your chipset drivers. P5P800 Here are ALL your drivers. Download all your newest ones into ONE folder and install the chipset FIRST, reboot, then the LAN, then reboot, then the others. Liz

all that is up there is lan drivers and sound drivers and product manuals and utilities. is this what yall are talkin bout a chipset:
-Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility V5.02.1003.

is that what i need to install to "install the chipset?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom