AMD Athlon XP 2600 problems....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadgroupllc

Beta member
Halllllooooo!!!....

I am trying to install an AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor in my Biostar M7VIW motherboard. It is the one that is 266 FSB. I currently have a Athlon XP 1600 in it now.

After I install it, my computer comes up to the screen where the RAM is counted, and the Hard disks and CD drives are displayed, then starts to load Windows XP. It is hanging during the loading of XP. It also shows my Slave HDD as 'NONE'. It seems that all of this is taking a real long time, moreso that with the XP 1600.

Just wanting to know if anyone else has had this sort of a problem, and/or just nows what the problem might be. I have looked throught the manual and nothing really stands out like it might be the problem. I put my XP 1600 back in and it is working fine.

Thanks for any help!!!

cad group, llc

When I just re-assembled my computer here a couple days ago, it was going really slow through the windows installation. The problem was simply that the cable was attached just enough to show the drive, but not enough to actually make itself useful.

Perhaps you just need to unplug, then replug in your cables and things like that.

Also make sure the jumpers on the HD are correct

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I checked the cables, and they are OK. Like I said, it works fine w/ the XP 1600 in the motherboard. But, if I install the XP 2600, it hangs while WinXP is loading. Flashes up that white bar across the bottom, and the little "bars" scroll all of the way across, then it just sits there. I think that there must be something wrong w/ the CPU, it's all that makes any sense. I put the 1600 back in, and it starts up fine.

Thanks!!
cadgroupllc

I have same chip. Never had this problem though. Try to enter the bios when you booy and to to 'Load Optimized Defaults'. That helps a lot of various issues with my XFX boards. Just a thought sometimes thats what counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom