having problems backing up drives !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImNewAtThis

Baseband Member
I was trying to backup my C drive using nero so that i could reformat it, and it gave me an error while copying to the second dvd disk, something about memory .... not exactly sure. does anyone know what this mean and also another program i could use to back up my drives ?

thats the problem it shut down before i could record it , im afraid to try again becuase i dont want to waste dvd's.if the same thing happens .

The best thing to use is Symantec's Ghost. it takes an image of your drive as it stands.....files, registry, etc and then you can store the image somewhere. clearly, the best way to "backup". the restore process is simple and quick!

-(bm2800)

using Nero, you will have to create a new compilation before burning another CD. otherwise it thinks you are burning more files to the same DVD disk as before

nerobackupstatus.jpg

thats a pic of the error above, and i''l give the ghost a try!

I'm not sure why EVERYONE uses Norton's Ghost...maybe cause it's the one everyone knows?

We tried it and it ruined my husband's o/s, he had to reformat. He was the slave on the thing, I was trying to send him the copy of my system so I could reformat MY computer and then get it back. Now we BUILD computers, I work on HiJack logs and we managed to lose his computer. Can you imagine what would happen with a non-pro?

There is a list here of back up systems and yes, it is among them: System Backup
Here is a lreview of backup progams and it IS NOT on that list: Backup Software Reviews
One I've seen listed as an alternative and spoken highly of is this one: Acronis True Image 8.0 Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom