100% cpu usage when on desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch sorry to hear about that. I also belive it's a virus, however it baffles me that itunes is using 92% of CPU, unless your ripping

Have you checked msconfig? How many startup items are running? If your not using ipod service, you don't need it running so you should disable everything since you don't have antivirus.

that trend micro house call is found at www.pc-cillin.com I use it all the time :D

Also of course if you don't already have em get Adaware, and Spybot: Search & Destroy, use both of them plus the www.pc-cillin.com to get all the pr0n residue off your computer :p Just messin with ya there :)

Virii or spyware is the only thing that I can think of as been said by a couple people already that would cause a jump like that.

If you don't have that Ipod thing then get rid of itl.

Also go to www.download.com and search for 'Startup Control Panel' and install that program.

Then go to Start>Control Panel> Startup and delete anything that you know doesnt belong there.

there are 9 things on start up:
nvCpl
nwiz
rundll32
qttask
uguru
itunes helper - that could go :p
realsched
SOUNDMAN
microsoft office

I have run adaware that has come up with nothing unusual. I can't find spybot on my pc, but im sure i did download it, ill get it again.

the www.pc-cillin.com says: The page cannot be displayed

edit: it works now.

again, notice itunes and internet explorer...

It was realy lagly this time, and struggled to even get that picture...

cpuusageagain.jpg

I found out what is causing it:

looks like i wont be using the visualiser much anymore.

thanks for your help.

cpuusagecontrolled.jpg

cpuusagevisulizer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom