Voltage Ratings? too low? (nubius)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well new devolpment...while running Prime95 i went to play a game and see if could get it log an error or anything...well somethin new happened i got a BSOD....

IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x0000001C,
0x00000001, 0x804E1C51)

I googled that value and couldnt find anything :-/ is this a completly dif problem? also when i restarted....

ALSO
Upon restart (and every time it restarts) my ad aware picks this up

1/29/2005 12:18:55 AM - Registry modification detected
Root:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Key:Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Value:KernelFaultCheck
Data:
New Data:%systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k

/me wishes i was a computer genius....

Prime95 tests your CPU to the absolute max, that's enough as it is muchless trying to open a game so thats why it went haywire

It's because you had a memory dump that ad-aware picked that up.

if you aren't overclocking, and everything is stock and you don't have like AS5 all over the CPU die and on the connectors near it, then I'm afraid it definitely is your PSU

Try to find one with a +12v rating that is atleast 20a if not higher.

Excess AS5 on the cpu can cause system instability???

My PC has good and bad days now, running prime95 my 12V has dropped to 11.3-11.4ish..... uh oh?

Excess AS5 on the cpu can cause system instability
Yeah that stuff has silver in it so it's electrically conductive. But if it's not just globbed on there and spilling over the die and onto the little connectors near by it shouldn't be a problem.

11.3-11.4 is REALLY low for the +12v rail and that would be causing your instabilities

Agggghhhh I just bought a new Antec 430w power supply at best buy... my voltage ratings are the EXACT SAME on Speedfan.

Vcore1: 1.65v
Vcore2: 2.64v
+3.3v: 3.14
+5v: 6.85 (constant)
+12v: 11.5-.65
-12v: varies a lot, never -12, -10 at most
-5v: -0-4-ish
+5v: around 2-4

WHHHHYYYYYYYY?!?!??! I NEED A NEW PROGRAM TO MEASURE!!!

we'll see if i stop freezing while playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom