3400+ 64 Mobiles Next Great OC'ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Well as it's already been known the mobile XP's are awesome overclockers compared to their desktop counterparts thanks to of course the lower wattage, vcore, and above all less heat thanks to the decrease in power consumption.

I've been reading quite a bit on it and it seems that the 3400+ Mobiles are getting some really nice overclocks on air at that, reaching 2.7GHz with people having 275x10 to achieve it meaning they are basically having DDR550 with that.

Of course these mobiles are only on socket 754, so in the future you either gotta hope they make it for socket 939 or just do without dual channel.

Either way, I'm definitely thinking that will be the route to go in a year or so when I upgrade.

So anyone considering going to AMD64 should consider that as a good viable option. If you have your RAM up at DDR550 it won't really matter if you don't have DC.

:D

I never knew it went up to 3400+ before.
This should be a great overclocker and will performe well.

And hopefully they can make one for socket 939 in the future so that you can even use it for SLI.

Neosteve

Yeah I actually saw a bunch of people at www.dfi-street.com talking about them and posting their OC's and whatnot with the 3400+ 64 mobile. Apparently though theres two types, a normal mobile and one called like DTR, forgot what it means though but the DTR won't work in a desktop mobo or something along those lines

they better make a 939 version...cuz' i'm not going 754 route no way no how lmao. If it's a toss-up between a decent overclocking 939 and an insane overclocking 754 i choose 939 personally.

Well......the only main benefit of socket 939 over 754 is dual channel.....other than that, if they keep the mobiles on socket 754, then the whole 'everything but socket 939 will be dropped' really won't be true, and by a year from now, who knows, maybe 754 will have some added features, but yeah I know whatcha mean 4W4K3, I sure hope they make em for socket 939 too.

The 3500+ 64 winchesters though I've seen hit 2.7GHz on air cooling on a few reviews that were comparing the winchester vs newcastle. I just hate that $75 increase for the smaller transistors =/

That is interesting....I havent seen much as far as mobile 64's go but will check it out. I do know that the rage is all about the 939winnies at the moment. I keep thinking of upgrading my processor/mobo to it but keep waiting b/c I want to see what happens with nforce4 and agp....I just dont know if the whole pci-e thing is really worth it at this point. On top of that dual cores will be hitting the market late this year or early next at the latest. I'm obsolete anyways so why rush it for another mobo/processor which is obsolete....just not as obsolete.

Yeah I like to give the hardware time to develope and 'mature' if you will. I also don't know about this PCI-E, no doubt it will be the future, but they are taking their sweet time getting it off the ground.

Yeah I finally got this 3rd Eye board working correctly, and the '3rd eye' for those of you that don't know, is a little display that shows all kinds of stuff (clock speeds, fsb's, temps, voltage, etc.). The coolest thing about the 3rd eye is that you can actually overclock to 3 different preset setups, or one of your 3-persets that you have set in bios, without restarting the computer. Also the peice restarts and turns on/off copmuter.

Nubius, from what I can gather about you and your OCing love. you HAVE GOT to get this board if you end up going 64, it would be awesome with that mobile. But they have a newer version than the k8t800 i believe.

Of course man :) ABit rocks, I probably would go with that board except a year from now you know they'll have something upgraded from that The Abit Av8-10th Eye! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom