6600gt + Nfsu2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIII

Daemon Poster
i got a version of nfsu 2 from a friend who I think dled it off mIRC or something .. and i had my quality set to MAX and it was runnin good, except if i do a burnout the fps goes down to like 10, it handles everything cept smoke lol... I reduced the quality bar to 1 just so I had smoke n it was still laggin, just not as much.. is ne1 else having this problem or is it just the card?? When I bought I knew it wouldnt be THE best card but seeing as it runs HL2 @ full I thought it would be able to run nfsu 2 no problems

would it also be the fact he downloaded it ?? it was the Installer file he dled.. so :confused:

i got the latest driver, 66.93.. but still doin it.. hmm, can ne1 with a 6600GT let me know if they have the same prob ?

I wouldn't publically announce that you got an Illegal version of a game as we do not tolerate anything regarding illegal distribution or receiving of stolen games, movies, OS's, etc..etc..

Well im just bein honest n sayin that yeah I leeched it from a friend.. is it coz its an illegal version its choppin or the card?>

VIII said:
Well im just bein honest n sayin that yeah I leeched it from a friend.. is it coz its an illegal version its choppin or the card?>

card i bet. My 9200 will play the game FULL detail on 1024*768 everything enabled and all that, but if smoke hits the screen, or dirt from off the track, it lags down to like 8FPS. It's most likely your card since my legit copy does the same thing. Try configuring your settings in Windows better. Also what DX version are you using?

I know you're being honest man, but in that sense honesty isn't the best policy. Simply say "I got NFSU from a friend" and leave it at that.

EDIT: BTW It's an insanely intensive game and when there's smoke or dust theres a LOT of particles on the screen which to say the least is a beeeotch. Still you'd think the 6600GT should be able to handle it's own, but I haven't played or even seen screens of NFSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom