ram addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgray

In Runtime
Four 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMM sockets
Support for DDR 400, DDR 333, and DDR 266
Su2.5-volt (V) only, 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts

Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs (double-sided DIMMs with ×16 organization are not supported)

4 gigabytes (GB) maximum of total system memory

64 megabytes (MB) minimum of total system memory

ECC and non-ECC DIMMs supported

Serial Presence Detect

Support for DDR266, DDR333, and DDR400 SDRAM DIMMs
Dual Channel Memory Interface where the board has two memory channels with two DIMM sockets eachpport for up to 4 GB of system memory .

ther are two 256mb modules installed now. if i add two 512mb is dual channel.modules will i get the full benefit of all modules. the system

If you add the two 512's you will have a total of roughly 1.5 GB of physical memory available to your PC.

As long as they are running on the same speed, you shouldn't have a problem. The MB automatically adjustes (most of the time) the clock speed of the memory bus to the lowest setting on the memory. So make sure they are on the same clock speed (DDR266, 333 or 400)

Dual channel is up to the mobo and the CPU. RAM Is not dual channel it merely means it's been tested in dual channel. Adding 2 512's will not give you dual channel mode if you're adding them in addition to the 2 256's already in there.

If you want dual channel, I believe you have to have the proper mobo and processor, and you have to put the memory if you have only two, in lanes 1 and 3.

Nubius said:
Adding 2 512's will not give you dual channel mode if you're adding them in addition to the 2 256's already in there.

does this mean that I dont have dual channel? as i got 2X256 and 2X512 in my pc, giving me 1536mb of ram.... In what i thought was dual channel.

does this mean that I dont have dual channel? as i got 2X256 and 2X512 in my pc, giving me 1536mb of ram.... In what i thought was dual channel.
no it's not running dual channel.

Download CPU-Z from www.cpuid.com and in the MEMORY tab it will tell you that your RAM is running in Single channel mode

DC is achieved by 2 sticks of the same speed and specs, and sometimes although not always, 2x256 in slots 1&2 and then a identicle 512mb stick in slot 3

Where about's on the program does it tell you wether it is single or dual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom