1st Build - Newbee Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

JChamp

Baseband Member
Hi all,

So I've built my first rig, or so to speak. Much to my chagrin, nothing is happening when I turn the power on. The only sound I hear is a faint blip when I flick the rear power switch off. I've double checked all of my connections to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
John

Maybe you could give us more info?

Have you connected the case's power lead (from the power button) to the correct jack in your mobo?

Yes, the power lead is correct. What are the odds of getting a DOA power supply?

Make sure you have the power inserted correctly and not backwards. Also, if you are using front or rear usb ports, make sure they are also hooked up correctly, otherwise, your system won't boot. Make sure your memory is properly seated, make sure you mobo is not ground via your mobo studs.

Make sure ur heatsink is placed squarely on the CPU, and make sure the CPU fan is plugged in

JChamp said:
Hi all,

So I've built my first rig, or so to speak. Much to my chagrin, nothing is happening when I turn the power on. The only sound I hear is a faint blip when I flick the rear power switch off. I've double checked all of my connections to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
John
If you are thinking about future upgrades buy a min of 350 watts :rolleyes:

just gonna suggest this cos it happened to me mabe ur power plug is stuffed mine was wired wrong so that if i plugged anything with mettel parts into it i got electric shocks so i couldn't touch my case

Thanks for the help, folks. It looks as if the usb connections were the culprits - Thanks WM!

Quick question, my boot info list the processor speed as 1466mhz - is this about right for an xp-2500?

Thanks again.

Yes an XP2500 will not run at 2.5, i thought it would be running higher, but that's probolyl right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom