Aww So Close :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIII

Daemon Poster
I went on an overclocking spree this week and to all good things until..

artefacts =(

I got my 3.2 Ghz successfully to 3.4, then 3.5, 3.6, 3.8 and I went for the Big 4.0 and wudnt boot :mad:

had to reset my cmos :cool: this is all on a basic Zalman HSF.. so I'm pretty happy.. im working on saving for some new cooling options, copper heatsinks, more cable tubes.. etc =D
I have a tsunami dream with all the stock coolin options in.. so does ne1 have ne advice or experience with replacing the stock fans ??

replace those 120mm with higher output 120mm. Other than that, you cant do much unless you upgrade your hsf or get water cooling.

no way, im not cuttin up a $200 case just yet =/ Id sooner get water cooling than that lol

Well if you do a nice job and take your time it can be a $500 case and it will only improve it.

I'm considering the Bigwater kit myself after reading quite a few reviews that says it's damn good especially for the price...was gonna get a 6600GT but I figure I'll spend $70 less and get better CPU cooling since with this new case my load temps are like 46C compared to in my previous case was 38C

But this one is a full tower compared to that cramped midtower, plus I'm going from like 13 fans down to 9 lol so I expected a raise in temps

i got mine to 550 and it crashed.. peh.. im gettin either the zalman or the arctic cooler when they make it for the agp 6600.. my friend got me re-addicted to overclocking..

Yeah I want them to make that Arctic silencer for the 6600GT damnit!

But yeah overclocking is quite addicting.

alright i overclocked my 3.0 to 3.5 but it becomes unstable after i go for the big 6.0 and thats as far as my mobo will go and since i overclocked my heat temps havent changed at all i have the stco lga 775 heatsink and fan then 3 case fans working on the 2 front ones now to cool the hard drive. but how do i get this thing to go farther i want to push it to my mobo's max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom