AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the AMD and Intel war rages on. I do know that you do not want to deal with a company in Baton Rouge, LA called Computer Heaven. They are completely anti AMD and pro Intel. They claim that they used to build AMD systems and had nothing but problems. The owner supposedly had to eat some cash by switching users from AMD to Intel to make up for the problems. Their techs could not figure out what was wrong. I have personally ran AMD's all my life except for one Intel and that was a Pentium 2 266 Slot 1 processor. Even the AMD K62 processors out performed the Intel Pentium 2 and 3 Slot 1. I then jumped to a Slot A Athlon 900mhz. Very good processor. I recently switched over to a 2600+ Athlon XP a little over a year ago. I do admit they run a little hot, but just use a Thermaltake or beefed up fan and heatsink and use some silver thermal grease. You will get the performance and the cooling you need. DO NOT use the stock fan that comes with the processor. Right now I am headed to year number 2 on my warranty with AMD. I might switch before my 3 year manufacturers warranty is up and go with an AMD Athlon 64. They run alot cooler and they perform everythign out there right now.

VIII said:
lol where do u live ? fantasy land

:p

with good cooling they shouldn't, i could say my Barton chip doesn't run over 42C (at stock) bcuz it'll peak at like 38C even after hours of gaming. stock cooling and a hot room will take it above that though...

I dont understand how people can bash CRT... First LCD max resolution is 1200/1200. Most LCD's have 1200/700, while most CRT have 1600/1200+. Personally i cant stand when people bash CRT, becasue they are soo much better then LCD.
Spend 800$ on a 19inch LCD with 1200/1200 resolution, or spend 800$ on a 22inch CRT with 2000/2500 resolution??

Dude, what year is this? You might want to update your knowledge on LCD's.

Max res of 1200/1200?

Check this out

This has 1600/1200 and although it shows a price tag of $800, it can easily be had for $600 or less.

The new LCD's keep up just fine.

idiotec said:
This has 1600/1200 and although it shows a price tag of $800, it can easily be had for $600 or less.

The new LCD's keep up just fine.

for a person on a budget it totally sux though. if you did buy that LCD for $600 that's still more than my entire computer put together. That's really why i still use a flat panel CRT, LCD is just too much moeny even if it is awesome. the only real affordable ones seem to be crap:( i can buy a decent CRT for $150-$200 and have it look just as good as a $400 LCD in terms of clarity, sharpness, size...it's probably loads brighter. just wish they could be cheaper...i bet they aren't that expensive to actually make for the manufacturer, but they gotta make a huge profit as usual.

This thread is sick. 232 posts and 9,000 views.

Think of all the new threads it has saved us from having to see :).

yea right, it hasn't saved us from anything.. people still come to TF and totally ignore the IMPORTANT sign next to this thread lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom