Shuggest me a bendmarking program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Got a freind of mine that spent about $4000 on 2 heavy duty games machines.
COMPUTER 1
  • INTEL 3.4 775
  • 2x 512 Mb DDR Dual Channel
  • GF 6600 GT 128Mb Video
  • Gigabtye MoBo To Suit
  • SATA Hard Drive, DVD, DVD Burner... blah blah blah

COMPUTER 2
  • AMD Athlon 64 3500 Soctet 939
  • 2x 512 Mb DDR Dual Channel
  • GF 6600 GT 128Mb Video
  • Gigabtye MoBo To Suit
  • SATA Hard Drive, DVD, DVD Burner... blah blah blah

Anyways, I would like to give both of these beasties a real work out as well as a compairson between to 2 platforms .

Could some one suggest me a good benchmarking program for this job.

preferabily some thing that is Shareware or Free

The futuremark family of benchmarking software is good. They not only have 3dmark, but also pcmark, which tests your computer. Those are the two I use. They are free, but they are large downloads.

Futuremark 03

Also you spent 4 grand on those 2 PC's put together? want to bench and try to beat my 1 G PC :p

DJ-CHRIS said:
Futuremark 03

Also you spent 4 grand on those 2 PC's put together? want to bench and try to beat my 1 G PC :p
It's not me that spent the money. It's a freind of mine that did. And I am the lucky guy that get to build them.

I might have to run some more test on these computers before I hand them over. Like see how HL2 handles on it.

My freind's husband sead "I don't care what you do, just make sure their is no traces of half life 2 on my computer."

Thanks for the links.

Sorry about the spelling up on the title. I was sort of waking up and I had not had my coffee when I was posting this.

want to bench and try to beat my 1 G PC :p
Mind you he's in australia dude, so $4000 australian isn't the same as $4000 canadian, which isn't the same as $4000 US, so to me you both got weird numbers! :p I kid I kid

4000 AUS is basicly the equivelant to 4000CDN

And we both pay very high taxes on electronics

$1500 a piece for two good systems isn't bad at all, but yeah it seems like the taxes is probably what killed him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom