ATTN All Water Cooling Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I have a water cooling kit in my computer, and it is the bane of my existence. Mounting the water block was hell, and installing it all was hell. Recently, my computer has been over heating. Why? At first I thougt it was becase of the waterblock not being secured tightly enough on the prcessor. Tightened it, and it worked... but not for long. I finally come to find it is a result of vapor lock in the hoses. Air is in there, forbidding the movement of water. So I messed around with the hoses a little bit, added water, sucked and blew (That sounded REALLY bad) on the hoses to get the air out and move the fluid around. Got it working, filling it with water worked... sort of. There are these little floaty things in my water system. They are little clear things, very mysterious. Like little latex flakes floating around in the water system, obstructing the flow of water. Anyone know what they are or could be? Before I installed the system, I let it run for several hours to flush it out, drained it, refilled it, and then installed it. I dont lke it, my computer runs to 149 degrees and then restarts (Overheating protection) when it is working it is an acceptable temperature. I figure the best thing would be to drain it and refill all the water in it, but that is big difficulty. Anyone know a solution to this problem? Or an easy way to drain my system?

That's indeed very odd. You've flushed it and it still has those little....beads or whatever you want to call them?

65C is WAY too hot for a water cooling system especially.....hmm....

did you flush it out with the coolant when you did this? Perhaps theres crap floating in the coolant and you need to buy a new bottle of it? Have you tried flushing it with distilled water as to not use up your coolant?

I havent flushed it the second time, after the initial flush. Those little latex flake they look like, very thin and small, floating around. I managed to get it working now, but it's not flowing as good as it should or when I first installed it.

Thermaltake Aquarius II

Inside of the waterblock...is the metal starting to chip off? That's what is sound like.

Also, inside the pump do you have a filter installed or anything? Sounds like it might be clogged with something and it is breaking off slowly with the flow of water.

Do you have a reservoir in that system? If so you can see if the mystery substance collects there or not. If you don't then it might be alot harder to observe what it is and if it floats or not. if it doesn't float in the water then i would imagine it's small pieces of aluminum/copper from your rad or waterblock, if it does float then it might be a mildew build up of somekind inside of the blocks or possibly the pump.

Got a resevoir, and they do float. I can see them chillin' about inside of there. I can also see them inside the pump. I dont think I have a filter, I didnt put one in, so I assume there is none. Is there alse some sort of valve I can get to put in the line? So I can just release it and close it to let some of the air out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom