power supply issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshyouah

Baseband Member
I have a computer that likes to blow power supplies and i have no clue why. they really dont get blown is the kinda weird part. they will work for awhile in the computer (2-3 weeks), then it will randomly shut off and not turn back on. when i replace the supply with another, the computer starts, but the weird thing is that the "blown" supply will work in any other computer, just not this one again. anyone have any idea of what might be going on?

i did that once before, it's a chaintech. are these Mobo known to be lower quality? its the first from this company that i had ever gotten. When i replaced the board before, it acutally worked good for nearly 5 weeks, but then started the same stuff again.

Maybe your motherboard is touching the case somewhere and it's grounding it out.

It could also be that your PSU simply isn't powerful to run one system, whereas it may have enough power to run another.

It sounds like something is touching somewhere it's not supose to lol. It's shorting itself out somewhere. Check inside and out really good ! Oh yea, you have a stupid bother/sister that may jam stuff in the back of the psu for a good fix ?

Yeah I have a chaintech graphics card, had to RMA the first one cause it overheated (without overclocking) and the one they sent back had a much larger heatsink so I assume all the first cards had probs, but yeah they are average if not a little bit below as far as quality is concerned.

Just look at their website, IMO if a company can't put enough effort into a decent looking website to advertise their stuff then they obviously don't put too great of effort into building top knotch hardware.

Check your voltages, if the +12v, +5v, or +3.3v rails are dropping way below spec like the 12 showing 11.5 the 5 showing 4.6 or the 3.3 at 3.1 then you've got some power fluctuation issues or the PSU just can't handle the load you're putting on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom