Building a amd64

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i think a 6 gig hard drive wont do you much good anymore... lots of stuff is likeat least a few hundred megs or if its a game, 1-2 gigs is standard

Shoot that PC with a shotgun, more trouble than it's worth for sure.

I personally recomend the Asus A8V for a new computer for AGP.

Lol my steam account has like 7+ GB of games.. more than ur HD =P
if ur gona get a new comp n be keeping it for 4 years or more, go PciE .. get an SLI board aswell, incase SLI becomes the norm

apokalipse said:
try contacting the power pins with a screwdriver

Errr thats what I meant by 'doesn't respond to the power pins'. I was working 90 hours a week when it broke so I didn't feel like spending one of the 3 days I had off a month running down a problem.

Shooting that pc with a shotgun would be a waste.... of a shotgun shell. :D Even the case is trashed because of the water cooling, but the 600watt ps would be a nice salvage if its not the problem.

That slow little hd has been through 4 different computers, and 7 years. Its still impressive that its still alive when most other hd's that I got over the years have failed in less then a year. Its safe to say that I've gotten my 300 dollors out of it.

Well I decided to go with a PCI-E setup. After thinking about it for while I just wouldn't want it to spend my money on this thing and not be able to upgrade the video. Thanks everyone

The power supply was the problem, connected a new power supply and just a beep code, long beep with a long pause the repeat. Think its suppose to be a ram error, anyway threw most of that computer away. Kept the cpu, anyone need a 533 cel2 socket 370 that can oc to 800 easy.....with WAY to much thermal paste on it?

Old psu is dead, all I have is a 300 and its a cheapy cause it came with the case, but if I replace it I won't have enough for a new hd, and don't really want to replace it later on. According to this psu calculator its enough but barly, and yeah I have doubts about it accuracy. Cheapy 300w powering a gforce 6600, 512mb ram, amd +3000, wireless card, HD,CDRW, Floppy(maybe).... too much?

It comes to my attention that I've put more thought into this computer then all of the computers I've built before combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom