A8v Deluxe .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafka

Beta member
Well this is just a final check up before I ship this motherboard back to newegg for a replacement. while I was installing my ram on my new motherboard, I accidentaly unplugged the power switch plug on the lower bottom part of the motherboard. Without realizing this, I switched the power supply back on and to my surprise the system turned on without even me touching the power button. But now when I shut it down and tried to turn it on again, the motherboard power indication is green but the system will not turn on. It is a freaking hassle to return this for a replacement so is there anything that I should do to make sure that I can do something or is this motherboard dead ?

___

Are you sure something wasnt changed in the bios? I know in my bios I have options of how it boots up. Check to see if there is anything like that. And try to restore all the default settings.

Just reset the BIOS. Try pushing everything in, and make sure you have all the things hooked up

Yeah I don't see that killing the motherboard. You pin the little 2pin connector wasn't plugged in and you then turned on the PSU and it just came on?

Or did you unplug the little 4pin connector that 2x2, but your normal molex connector, little square connector that goes to the motherboard?

I've turned on my system and ran it without that little 4in connector, it's to help take strain off the +12v Rail, doesn't harm the system unless you really suck the PSU of it's power, but like I said it's there to help take a load off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom