Start up 'issues'

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Now windows is telling me it can't find 'del' when I type in what you said under Run. Ha, this is starting to become more trouble than it's worth. I might just have to go back to normal old windows boot screen.

that's what I tried to do. But I take it that little 'DOS' screen is meant to stay on my screen for more than half a second?

if you put commands into run, it will only stay open for the time it takes to execute the command

if you type cmd in run, without commands it will stay open for you to type commands

im just either really stipid, which I must be if i typed stupid wrong, or uncoordinated. i just can't seem to get it done. thanks for your help anyway. what's the weather like in Aussie?

In the system folder of xp you can change the 30 second timer to 0 sec so you dont have to wait. Do you always chose normal startup? have you tried last known config?

Yeah but if I change it to last known configuration I will lose my custom start up screen which is what happened last time.

if you had a drive image cd, you could boot from it and use the fixmrboot.exe to restore your master boot record

Okay. Problem solved. Thanks all for your help. I fixed the problem by looking through StyleXP - turns out there was an option to change the timer. Which I changed from 30 to 0 and now it works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom