this is making no sence at all....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
last night, somehow my computer froze....i'm like fine..whatever, you want to be like that go right ahead....i restart it and ofcourse my cd rom isn't being detected so...that decides to throw everything off....i shut down, unplug it, let it sit for a min or two, plug it back in, it's detected....okay...little glitch there....goes to load window's...ntldr cannot be found...please press a key....damnit all to hell....

the heck with this..i'm going to bed..i'm only gettin' 4 hours from this point and probably less by the time i fall asleep...

so..today

i try to repair it by takin' the files from the disk and puttin' them into the winnt folder...(2k by the way)...that isn't workin' out...
fine, i'll just boot up with a 98 floppy, get my documents onto another drive....ha, like that would work, floppy light goes on...keeps on going...try a ME disk....nope, try a 95 disk..of course not

so i go into bios to switch my hard drive boot up to the slave with xp on it...what do i see.....my slave as the primary boot up and my master as the second...what the hell!!!!!!

i change that and now here i am...*****in' about my computer....:(

Copy the following files from the Win2k disc onto the root C: drive of the OS with the problem.

NTLDR
NTDETECT.COM
CONFIG.sys

that should be sufficient enough to get it to boot to the os again and troubleshoot there. Remember to copy them to the C:\ not to the C:\winnt folder.

it hought that i tried that...maybe i didn't copy to the root....
and i might suspect that it was my xp screwin' up with the ntldr cause my bios was booting up the wrong hard drive for some reason and i changed it and 2k was fine......i dunno...i checked to see if the files were there and in order on 2k when i got booted up a bit ago and they were...so..i dunno...computer ghost maybe?? haha

go to the recovery console from your 2000 disk, and try repairing the boot and master boot records with these commands:
fixboot
fixmbr

also, I don't know if this works from the recovery console, but you can do a scan of files to repair corrupted or missing ones by typing this command:
sfc /scannow

i did try the fixboot, but it "said" it worked, but it really didn't...so it lied to me lol.
i didn't notice the fixbr when i was doing it though, i should of had tried that...

I've never had any luck using the recovery console.. (using fixboot or fixmbr)... its absolutely worthless in my opinion....

nope....but i'm gonna try thse things sometimes when i have nothing else to do...cause my 2k is workin' fine now, the hd boot up got changed for some reason, so it's my slave with xp that has the problems......but, i can just try to fix that here in 2k instead of dos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom