Too much thermal gel on this cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakranii

Solid State Member
I'm considering buying this because of the specs. But in my readings of applying thermal gel/grease to a cpu you're only supposed to put on a drop and make sure it doesn't get on the chip. The amount on this one is ridiculous. Do you suppose they ruined it?

9QFX376CZBYL.jpg

Well all stock or prebuilt pcs seem to have a large amount of paste on them. Too much paste isnt going to do any harm. If it was the silver thermal compund then you would have problems. That paste doesnt conduct electricity, so you dont have to worry about frying your chip.

Personaly I only like the silver thermal compund, the thermal padds or paste. They dont work well, from personal experence.

Personaly I only like the silver thermal compund, the thermal padds or paste. They dont work well, from personal experence.

Wait...that sentence confused me. What don't work well, the pads and/or paste? I'm guessing you mean that you only like silver thermal, and you don't like the pads or paste.

With AS5 assuming your p3 has decent cooling, i think you could do alot to it.

And buy the CPU, he didnt hurt the CPU.

On that particular CPU, even if it was AS5 it wouldn't matter as theres no connectors near it.

The newer CPUs have little resistors next to the die which then would cause problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom