• Ati

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
Die you EVIL VIRUSES, DIE!!!

Okay, now that I have that out of my system, let me continue. Norton AntiVirus says that there are 17 viruses on my PC. Actually, it's only Adware, only only remants of such things anyway. The problem is Norton is retarded and can't get rid of them. AVG can't even see them, and Ad-Aware is none the wiser. I have run all three programmes and Norton still says there is something there. :rolleyes:

Is there a better, free, virus programme that will kick Norton's and the viruses' ass? Or is Norton just being a reject, and there isn't anything there at all? :eek:

I use a program called Antivir Personal Edition which is free, very fast and light on resources, and seems to detect more viruses than Norton. IMO if Antivir or AVG don't detect them, they aren't there

I would suggest not using Norton anyway, because it is slow, a resource hog and doesn't remove all viruses.

Thanks. I'll check out Antivir. And it does seem weird that Ad-Aware can't find these 'adware' viruses that Norton says are there. Stupid Norton.

This reply is prolly a lil late, but i use AVG free Edition by Grisoft, and it works wonderfully. For spyware, i use spybot s&d. Hope this helps!

Thanks all your replies. When my Norton sub has ended I will see about downloading some free stuff. :)

when you scan for virus, scan in safe mode so every thing can get deleted. that's with any AV program

Yeah that's what I did, but it still didn't work, AND I have issues getting Windows to start properly.

Yay! Looks like Antivir is just what I need. I tire of Norton being unable to get rid of viruses because it can't stop them from running, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom