100% cpu usage when on desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
This has stopped now but it is really bugging me why... I looked at my uguru clock and saw the temperature was 49*C which it doesnt go that high in games (well 47*C in games) and i pressed ctrl alt and delete and saw that cpu usage was at 100%

cpuusage.jpg

and it stayed like this for about 5 minutes, before returning to default speeds, Does anyone know what was causing this??

thanks trif.

Sometimes those readings are just plain wrong, and especially if you didn't notice any substancial decrease in performance, I would say it was just acting up at the time.

I really don't know though, you do only have 29 proccesses running so that's pretty good, but without actually seeing what proccesses were eating all the proccesor power, I really couldn't tell you.

this will take some time to type :(

i still have 29 procsses, so i assume that they are all the same.
svchost.exe
alg.exe
wdfmgr.exe
svchost.exe
nvsnc32.exe
spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
itunes.exe
SOUNDMAN.EXE
lsass.exe
taskmgr.exe
services.exe
winlogon.exe
csrss.exe
smss.exe
ipodservice.exe - don't know why i have this, as i dont have an ipod :(
uguru_event_receiver.exe
realsched.exe
ituneshelper.exe
uguru.exe
rundll32.exe
iexplorer
system
system iddle process

also, my temp was very high as well, and with the 100% cpu usage, can both be right.

Internet explorer was slow to load, and laggy.

You could've just taken a screenshot, and I was more looking towards how much CPU percentage each application was using. The highest number is most likely the culprit.

task.jpg

The numbers listed under the CPU heading display the percentage of the proccesor power being used by each application.

sorry, read your post wrong.

the ones above that are not using anything.

does that number mean cpu usage, as it comes to 101% :S

cpuusage2.jpg

Sounds like you've got a virus. Those are fairly classic symptoms of one.

Update your virus checker & scan everything.

I don't have any virus software :( as my firewall did have on, but i didnt like the firewall :(

the 100% cpu usage happened again :( i got some good screen prints, and it took fo ever to so anything.

The pc was really laggy when opening internet explorer, and it was really hard to get from one window to the other, i had to use alt and tab.

cpuusageandtemp11.jpg

cpuusageandtemp22.jpg

cpuusageandtemp33.jpg

ps. I havent got around to downloading the virus scan. I will get one on the weekend.

I think it might be to do with internet explorer and itunes, when they run at the same time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom