noob question: Getting enough juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, OK, thanks. And also, could these spikes in voltages be affecting my 3DMark05 scores? The highest I've ever got on my nVidia 5200 256MB is 343.

-Dan The Man

lol , well that card isn't meant for graphics at all man and 3dmark05 taxes the HELL out of cards.

Doubt it, like said if you haven't even noticed any stability issues I wouldn't worry about it. If you start getting random reboots or freezes then you can start to worry. Otherwise it could just be a misreading of the voltages.

But yeah...300 sounds about righ :p

I only get like....1000 I think, I got an FX 5700 but I think it's mainly the CPU that helped there.

That site which was listed on the previous page is nice, but it isnt accurate at all. I had a 400w antec that wasnt enough for my system, but it told me the 400w was fine. I highly doubt it that it has all the right watages for the video cards. Those things require so much power these days. I agree with mubius, look at the rails.

You also have to consider that your pc uses more power when doing something graphicaly, or running the cpu at 100%. It would be nice if there was some way to monitor the amout of power you are using from your psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom