Tweaking xp downloading utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiking

Baseband Member
I was trying to download more programs at the same time but it seems XP has limit this to only two downloads at one time. I read somewhere(can't remember) that one could change this aspect within the system, somewhere. Could someone please provide with the info on doing this? Thanks.

i believe this is Internet Explorer, not just a windows XP prob, make sure to check your IE options twice in case u ran over it.

in IE, even tho i dont recommend using it at all, check the tools/options menu, check internet preferences too( these are in the drop down menus at the top of the screen) don't ask where to find them cuz i havent used IE in a while.

Hey why don't you try this: TweakXP.Com

TweakXP.Com also has there own free tweak download utility.

Start the Registry Editor
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Internet Settings
Select New > DWORD Value from the Edit menu
Name the new value MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
Right-click the MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server value and choose Modify
Under Base, click the radio button next to Decimal
In the Value Data: box enter the number of simultaneous connections you want to set (for example 10 is a good value), and click OK
Repeat steps 3 - 7 using the new value MaxConnectionsPerServer
Exit the registry editor

There isn't nothing wrong with IE. Give Firefox some time and there will be just as many problems with it as IE. There were always be security holes, glitches, etc. in any type of software, IE is just as stable as any other browser. They are already finding glitches, security holes, etc. It's just not as popular as IE so the hackers, etc. attack them more often. I have never had a problem with IE, like it better than Firefox. This is the info you wanted to download more, I don't know why it wasnt posted sooner, seems like everyone always goes around the posters questions instead of just giving a quick straight answer instead of telling them to switch to this or use that. Hope this works, it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom