No Moniter Response, Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluidj

Beta member
I recently got an athlon xp 2600 chip and applied it to a Gigabyte2004RZ motherboard (athlon xp motherboard). I put it all together and monitor will not turn on. I tried 2 different monitors with 2 different reliable video cards. Nada!! Is there a common installation problem that keeps the monitor off, like memory, power supply, or message LED/power/sleep LED. I don't get audio error beeps either????!!!!! Please, someone, anyone help!

O.K. anymore suggetions???? What about processor chips??? Could it be a number of variables causing no monitor response??

What about the studs on the mobo tray? could be shorting you out, happened to me. I miss placed one and my pc sometimes wouldn't come on at all, sometimes it would boot, but no video, etc. Also had the same problem in improperly seated ram, and fried mobo.

make sure the jumper on your HDD is in the correct place. refer to your hard drive manual for specific details. make sure that ur mobo isn't being grounded (make sure your mobo isn't touching the case). Clear CMOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom