video card not peforming to its best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xstealthstriker

Baseband Member
My specs are Intel Celeron 1.7GHZ, 512RAM, and GeForce FX 5700LE AGP

When i tried to play Rainbow Six: Raven shield, it played just like it did before I upgraded my computer. It still lags like heck. Is this because of my video card or because of my processor speed? Other games i run also run a little low of my expectations. Is the 5700LE supposed to have AGP texture accleration? because it says its not avaiable on my card when i ran dxdiag.
I also got a new motherboard, and i think it came with an integrated card, but i checked in the BIOS and didnt see anything that could see if i had turned that video card off.
thanks.

That processor is very weak. I would not recommend it at all for gaming. I dont know about the 5700LE....haven't had much experience with it. I believe that card would be fine for a low end gamer.

turn down the gfx to there very lowest...does it still lag?

My bet is the Celeron is a bit too slow to play everything at high detail, and you probably have a number of unnecessary background services eating away at it's power too.

The video card should be able to play the game at ~ medium settings at the least i believe, that game doesn't seem too demanding. I think with a bit of XP/BIOS tweaking you can get it to stop lagging.

Yeah I'd sooner blame the celery and 512mb of RAM before the card in this particular scenario

Mmm Celery. That's your problem.

I would try overclocking the processor alot, 2.4 ghz could be reachable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom