I tightened up my cas latency and reconfirgured my settings....

Status
Not open for further replies.
well that didnt work so here is another try

dailysettings6ib.jpg

oooo so close to 3800MB/s, very nice. I wonder what the people running 330MHz+ get...probably like 4500MB/s maybe? That's just insane.

lol you have everything i do on , central brain, aquamark, cpuz, speedfan, sandra, adaware lol thats insane. I hate icons though...there all in my start menu.

Grrr I'm so jealous of that. I can't believe your Dimm is at 2.7 and above all the NB is only at 1.6!?!

Yeesh, and hittin 250 like knife through BUTTAH.

That makes me wonder if the NB does infact even need more voltage on mine? Perhaps the RAM just needs their sweet time working in, BUT I just now remembered you are using 2x256 and they are supposed to OC better, but I wonder how much of that is actually at play there.

Still man, bravo, very nice indeed. Man I want to get 250 stable soooo bad! I would LOOOVE to get the 266 the RAM is rated at, but I just don't know about that.

So far 235 is the only thing I've found to be completely stable, 243 ran prime95 at 4 and a half hours and 240 ran it at 2 and a half hours which doesn't really make sense to me =/

Bah!

Yeah....the LA's in the 512 pair are said to be the #1 for overclocking as far as G.Skill goes....I will still end up getting a pair of the LE's to get a gig with the 939 and mobo down the road unless the LA's in the 1 gig pack are stateside by then. Give yours some time b/c mine have seemed to loosen up a bit with time. Also just try memtest86 by itself for a couple of hours just to see if it is the memory holding you back or something else....this is what I ended up doing....it took over a week of trial and error and some frustration to get my machine where I was pretty happy with it. If the memory checks out on memtest then at least you will know the issue is somewhere else....either way thats just my 2cents hopefully it will help yours work.

Yeah I haven't given memtest a proper trial yet, have only done the tests in which I know give immediate errors assuming the RAM is just really under pressure, but yeah I also need to give it more time and hopefully I'm thinkin they will infact loosen up. Running prime95 right now at 235MHz although I'm pretty sure this speed is good to go as I've tested it before.

as 4W4K3 said though his ram will past memtest86+ like nothin yet going into windows it goes poopy but that's due his PSU, so I figure if it can past prime95 then it's good to go since that should be taxing it WAY more than memtest does.

I have Freemem running and when I turn on the blend mode it takes it from 820mb of free memory down to like 2 and 3mbs lol so I know the memory is REALLY getting taxed in this scenario.

Good stuff though mike....have you thought about going further?

I bet you could get DDR533 with a little more frustration :D

im just ocing my system today and im having a few problems. u see all u guys are able to get ur cas latency to 2.5426 or whatever while my bios only gives me the option to go 2 2.5 or 3 this i think is ok as i can get my geil value to do 2 at stock voltages but id still like to be able to finetune it better

Wha? We don't have cas latencys of 2.5426, why'd you get a weird number like that?

2, 2.5, and 3 is the only options for everybody, when we say 2.5-3-3-6 we're talking about 4 different timings, not just the cas latency.

You're having problems cause you've got such a low Vcore probably

Nubuis is right if your going for a higher fsb you might consider trying to loosen it to 2.5-3-3-6 for example and see what you can get out of it. You will have to adjust your voltages as well.

Dude go to newegg and find some G-Skill DDR533/PC4400. Thos babies have a 2.5CL timing still!

I dont think my BH-5's would even do that with 3.2v! Who knows. They'll do 240MHz 2-2-2 though!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom