PC is slow, even after reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i'm not wrong, that's actually normal behaviour. coz u just reintalled eveything, so it'll b slow 4 awhile. but as u continue to use, it'll become faster.

That's interesting, derfirst. I wil just wait and see :)

Do you know why it is slow after a reinstallation?

OK... first off Dell are excellent PCs but they always put that extra partition on the system. They are slow as 'all get out' from the factory.
I have had dozens of calls from people wanting to know the exact thing you are. The reason they do it is because they back up the original factory settings on the hard drive with a special built in program they have. So, if you ever want to go back to your original factory settings, I wouldn't suggest getting rid of it.

To be quite honest with you, only non-techies and grandmas who run into problems ever need it, so I think you will be ok.

Do you know how to remove partitions and add them, then format and reinstall? Let me know and I will check back in a little while.

jerry5739 said:
that sux no1 helps out a dell user lol.........

Umm, no, we help out everyone regardess of who manufactured their computer.

I'm thinking it's your hard drive that's slowing you down. Maybe you should upgrade that hard drive.

-Dan The Man

The problem isn't his hard drive needing to be upgraded!

I have worked on over 100 Dells that have the exact same problem. Doesn't anyone even read replies before they post?!?

I'm know for a fact that DELLs are slow from the factory. For this reason alone. See my post above /\ /\ /\

What OS are you running?

In BIOS, can you disable CPU Throttling? Or is that even an option? Also, what is your boot-up sequence? Can you have it skip certain test to allow for a faster boot-up?

Most likely the HDD is running in the slowest/most reliable UDMA settings, upping it to the mobo/HDD highest compatible speed will boost your performance hopefully (use the lower of the 2, not the higher of the 2)

Also, are you hooked up to a network or any kind of LAN? My computer takes FOREVER to login when my network is down...but if it's functional it takes about 3 seconds.

Lastly do you have the latest BIOS installed, latest drivers for your mobo, HDD, all of that. Windows update and look for latest drivers for your hardware. An old driver can cause many problems, and a new one can fix them all:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom