Monitor gets no signal....?!!!???Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoSignal

Solid State Member
my computer was running fine, and i took it apart and was thinking about cleaning the cpu fan, and so i took off the fan and cleaned it, after i put everything back again, i get no signal from my monitor and everything else such as power supply, memory, video card, and HD are all fine (tested it on other computers) does anyone knows what's going on with my computer????? please help, need to fix before 2morrow, or daddy will kick my f****** ass. Thanx..

well unless its your monitor, then it would seem that its a gfx card problem, you sure its seated properly? + is the bios posting?

it's a agp card, and im pretty sure that i plugged everything in prorperly, and monitor works fine, it had happend before, and when i took it apart, i saw a piece of a tape taped on the back of the motherboard, and after i took it off it started to work again.. this time there wasn'y anything there.
and what about the BIOS? and how do i fix it??

when u turn on the PC do you get a beep coming from computer confirming that the computer is posting. What card do you have??

i don't have a modem cable, my card is 128MB nvidia. don't remember what model it is, but i am 100% positive it has nothing to do with the connection and video card.

Try a different monitor from a different machine. Try original monitor on another computer.

a) ignore michaelstanding, hell just confuse u..
b) do what brinks said
c) are u SURE uve got ur gfx card in right ?? u gota make sure that lil pin thing is up

First off ... if you didn't mess with your video card, then it most likely isn't the problem. When you removed the CPU fan and after you reinstalled it, did you notice any "play" in the Heats sink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom