This is plain stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious... Why wouldn't they want people to type so fast?
Because when you're talking old ass typewriters, you're not just pressing a key and an electrical signal pops a letter on the screen.

Every key you press makes that little hammer slap down on the paper. People were getting too fast and the thing would jam up easily.

With keyboards of today obviously if you could do 500wpm it wouldn't matter.

Nubius said:
With keyboards of today obviously if you could do 500wpm it wouldn't matter.

lol, you would crack the plastic of the keyboard. or wear down the buttons in like a month. that would suck.

not with todays leading industry standard elf magic keyboards!

Very light on the keys

I always manage to screw up my keyboard, it goes all over the place when i type because i dropped it. Okay, that sentance sucks.

It would be nice to use a cool keyboard like that, but it would be SOO very hard for me to learn how to use it.

I will just stick with my QWERTY, I've learned to type fast on it

although I think they should give 2 keyboards with every computer, one QWERTY and one alphabetic. if you've learned the QWERTY you should use that, but if you haven't you'd use the alphabetic

apokalipse said:
I will just stick with my QWERTY, I've learned to type fast on it

in all the years i've used a keyboard, i never knew it spelled out QWERTY. holy crap i just tried to spell that out and my hand automatically jumped away from the keys...i'm so used to hitting a key and backing up. lol qwertyqwertyqwerty...its fun:)

lol, qwerty standard is great!

But yeah, I'm sticking with qwerty theres no way I'm going to try and learn that crap.

They should have reinvented the keyboard when keys jamming was no longer a problem, not just now =/

My W,A,S,D keys are harder to press than the others lol from too much gaming. My spacebar also periodically pops out of place if I tap it too hard.

In that article they say 'OOOH LESS KEYS!' like that's a good thing, psht, personally I like all my keys, means more binds in MP game play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom