Temps up to 65C playing FarCry

Status
Not open for further replies.

True_Orb

Daemon Poster
I have stock cooling, am I alright if I don't OC? I know AMDs run hot but that seems a bit unhealthy.
I had planned to get some better case fans and a better-than-stock cpu fan this summer.

all processors will die out in say... over the time it takes for it to become obsolete, the higher temp just means it wont be able to OC as much... but amd owns at gaming anyways so it shouldnt really matter. if you hardcore game, then stock cooling sucks... i personally didnt get into the whole pc cooling world, but im about to finally get to build my own comp, so i guess i'll have to do research on just about everything, but yeah, you should be fine.

PS open case side to a/c vent (if possible) and i think the temp probably will drop. very ghetto:beard:

yeah my cpu was reaching the top end of 60+c after a hardcore session on doom 3 or Halflife 2. I have 5 case fans and still really high. I bought the Gigabyte 3D Rocket Pro and it reduced my cpu temp dramatically. It now runs 39 idle and never over 55 after a heavy load.:D

thats not soo bad. Thats about where mine runs. It is hottern than sin in my room though. When I brought it to work the max was like 45 then at home was like 65...yes it is freezing in the office!!lol..

off topic, but I just started to play far cry as well since it came free with the video card I picked up and its pretty good do far! I like going around with the knife and slaughtering the animals..bwahah.

MichaelStanding said:
65* is not very high, the other day mine was running at 103*. No big deal, just means the tracking system is trying hard to run dos for you as best it can.
You are at 103F. If you were at 103C your comp would be dead.

well i read somewhere that if (with amd) the cpu reaches 75c then the cpu will start to get damaged, not die but the cpu wont last as long. Dont know whether its true or not

It is true. If your CPU was 103, it would die, die, die.

On some hardcore HL2 gaming with cpu at 100%, my 3400 OC'ed to a 3800 reaches a terrible, um, 40 degrees celcious :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom