I tightened up my cas latency and reconfirgured my settings....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...so what are your final specs?

235 or 250MHz? I would assume 250 right as that's the only time I saw 3700mb/sec transfer.

Please do give some details :D

Also these RAM sticks need to burn in a little, it's only their second day so no doubt like a week from now they'll be a little more 'relaxed.

Whats your Chipset voltage, Vdimm voltage, Timings, and MHz that you currently have on your RAM. :D

Nubius said:
They of course do going from 3 to 4, but it's basically nothing going from 2 to 3....atleast for me anyway, how about you 4W4K3?

Last time i tried 2.5-2-2-5 to 2.5-3-3-5 it froze...but what the heck it's worth a shot. i never tried above 3 before. i'll see if it makes a big diff or not in like 30 mins. i'm not sure if it's my PSU that freezes looser latencies or just the RAM's because they were built for 2-2-2-5 operations.

Also these RAM sticks need to burn in a little, it's only their second day so no doubt like a week from now they'll be a little more 'relaxed.

mine took a good long time due to they are CH-5 and take lots of heat b4 they expand. that should really help you out...alot of people never remember burn-in sequence lol.

Yeah, man I'm disappointed because freakin Sandra lite 2005 doesnt have the Burn-In wizard! I mean it does, but it doesn't allow you to use it unless you have the full version. Sandra 2004 let me use the burn in wizard :(

I contacted patriot about what is a safe voltage, because Winbonds BH-5 are rated up to 3.5volts without a problem

Since these are Samsung TCCD's I wanted that same info, but they just replied 'Dont put it above 2.95 cause it'll void your warrenty'

Said yeah I don't care, I need info! 'Contact Samsung'

Poopy! on them

Hey 4W4K3.

Just curius on something I see a lot and I'm sure your a good guy to ask. In one of your earlier posts in this thread you mentions losing .22volts on your 12v rail while loading windows. I can see the problem just fine and I know one exists...But how do you even get that measurement???

You can't look in the bios when loading windows nor can you use a program. Don't think I'm calling you a liar, that isn't my point at all. This is somethign that cuold significantly help me with a project right now so please inform me.

Alex81388 said:
Hey 4W4K3.

Just curius on something I see a lot and I'm sure your a good guy to ask. In one of your earlier posts in this thread you mentions losing .22volts on your 12v rail while loading windows. I can see the problem just fine and I know one exists...But how do you even get that measurement???

You can't look in the bios when loading windows nor can you use a program. Don't think I'm calling you a liar, that isn't my point at all. This is somethign that cuold significantly help me with a project right now so please inform me.

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

SpeedFan and about 50 other monitoring devices will tell you your 3.3v, 5.0v, 12v, etc while in Windows. I find it to be pretty accurate almost all the time. BIOS reports 11.85v and Speedfan says 11.86-11.92 depending on what i'm doing.

http://www.biosmods.com/download.php

Check out that link, more specifically the 'Bios View' program. Pretty useful tool IMO, BUT I haven't actually tried it out yet. If you do, let me know how it goes :p

heheh, guinnea pig

(lol now if you were going to try it, the above statement just killed all curiosity)

Biosview - can be used to view/test a biosfile, NOT the current bios in your computer

:confused:...i don't get it?

Meaning you can view a version of TicTacs bios before you actually install it to see what kind of options it has things of that nature. It also says you can get a screen shot of your current working BIOS.

I can't get 250MHz yet nowhere near stable. Just got a BSOD right now trying 3-3-3-8 through 3-3-3-10 with 2.9 dimm and all that.

I don't see how mike is getting 250 with only 1.6nb voltage =/

Git it for you...

All at 233*10:

2.5-4-4-5 - 3487/3217 - Froze after test
2.5-3-3-5 - 3512/3245 - Seems to work fine, not definite
2.5-2-2-5 - 3535/3267 - Stable as usual

So i guess they really do play a pretty big part in Bandwidth. Of course if i was at 2.6GHz again i'd be hitting ~3650MB/s...stupid PSU:(

yeah from 2-4 it's big, but from 2-3 it's nothing really worth concern. 30mb isn't noticeable in any kind of performance.

I'm at 2.5-3-3-7 for right now

235MHz - 3578/3323

at 2.467GHz

I wish I could keep 2.6GHz without having to do like 1.925 Vcore =/

I still want to do the duct mod, and I was considering getting the 6600GT at the end of this month, but perhaps I'll get the bigwater cooling setup instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom