x800 Softmod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carniva

In Runtime
Hi

I really want to try the x800 pro -> x800xt softmod, but am unsure whether its worth risking my card for. I've read a few guides / forums on the net, and it seems that it actually works.

Just wondering if any of you guys have actually tried it and managed to get it working with out any problems.

Oh and is it true that you can only do this with a VIVO x800 pro?

Thanks alot.

Its not really a RISK type of situation. You just have to understand what your doing. You own alot of hardware i have. Have you OC your x800? What kind of case do you have? Do you have any type of good cooling for your system? And i dont know if you can only do it with a VIVO x800 pro.

I have a thermaltake Xaser III, with 5 case fans, 4 80mm and a 120mm, and its cool as anything, so i dont think that heat will be a problem. I just wont to know that if a try the softmod, and for some reason it doesn't work, that its not going to ruin my card.

Softmods generally don't ruin your card and generally just mean a flashing of the Video cards BIOS. The only thing that'd mess that up is if you flashed with the wrong BIOS or power was interrupted during the process.

It's when you get into soldering resistors on your card and things of that nature that you start to worry lol

yeah i dont think i will be doing any soldering, not yet anyways...I found a post on a forum somewhere on the web which explained what to do very well, and it had links to all the correct bios's etc. The guy seemed to know what he was talking about. Might try it....need to get a floppy disk drive in my system first.lol

Thanks for the help

Yea, I heard something releated to the VIVO cards but I would think you could flash any of them. Just be sure to back up your current bios so if you have a problem you can return it back to normal. Some website has lot's of different card bios for download. Maybe guru3d.com ? I am going to flash to 6800 Ultra when I get better psu and cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom