I Have Had It With This Crap Ati!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand OpenGL and Direct3D and all that stuff, but I didn't know that OpenGL required extra packages not included in the driver itself, which is what you are saying.

Give me a link to these OpenGL dependencies!

You know what!? I am going to do that. I am also going to guide you along the installation. And when your card CUTS Doom 3 up...

I expect you to cut ATI some slack. ;)

Chankama said:
Just curious. Do you guys actually pay for a copy of Windows with every new computer?.. I don't have to worry about it since we have a site licence at my campus and all the residents get a free copy.

Buy one Corporate Edition CD or an ISO disk, burn it as many times as needed, CD-Key can be used over and over from Corporate edition of XP. So no...not everyone has to.

My beef with a part of ATi is there driver issues. There is a specific ritual to uninstalling and installing/upgrading there drivers, some people have to use safemode, others don;t...it seems like there are many compatibility issues with other branded mobos and such. i myself have to go back to Windows default drivers, uninstall current version, reboot, install new ones, reboot and it works. With nVidia i could just uninstall current, install new ones, and then reboot once...took maybe 3-4mins. Not a big issue...but if you do it WRONG you will have serious gfx problems installing new ones over old ones, safe mode might not even be able to correct this. it just seems to take an advanced computer user to simply install drivers...and it turns away n00bs.

First of all, Beedubaya, ever considered you got a defective card. My friend has an X800Pro and the thing runs Doom3 great. RMA! SanToast might be right about the PC optimization part.

Megadeth2 said:
First of all, Beedubaya, ever considered you got a defective card. My friend has an X800Pro and the thing runs Doom3 great. RMA! SanToast might be right about the PC optimization part.

His card cannot be defective with that ass ripping score he as in 3DMark05. ;)

I didn't see that part, but the second part is right in relevance to the GFX card. Dude, he hasn't done the installation or the optimization properly. Packages need to be installed and so does other stuff sheesh. I'm not a major PC gamer, but I do know that. Plus, my X600 Pro does better than that in Doom3. I think you BS up your brain, Beed...but seriously come on...your gonna flush $450 down the drain just cause some people tell you to. You don't even look at other options; buddy, I'm happy with my X600 Pro and that cost $350 less...you're cryin' over an X800Pro, damn!

Instead of saying 'I knew about that, why didnt you'

How about you give him some links to where he should go to help out his problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom